Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) & Energy Performance Certificates (EPC):
For a new dwelling there are two important stages of energy assessment to comply with current legislation:
- Design Stage SAP - as part of the application for Building Control Approval.
- As-Built SAP & EPC - as part of submission for Building Control Completion Certificate.
As detailed in the bottom section, new dwellings in the UK must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) prepared by a qualified On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) at the point of completion.
Gareth Andrews, On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA):
- Gareth Andrews is a member of the Building Research Establishment (BRE) accreditation scheme, and is qualified to produce EPCs for new dwellings constructed anywhere in the UK.
- Energy Assessments and Ratings are calculated from architectural drawings / specifications, and therefore no site visits are required.
- As an experienced Chartered Architect, Gareth knows the difficulties and opportunities in designing and constructing dwellings to meet increasingly challenging requirements and aspirations for higher energy ratings and cost-effective energy savings.
- With experience and expertise in delivering projects from inception to completion, Gareth can work with clients and architects to progress energy assessment from a mere 'tick-box' requirement to a genuine collaborative design tool that can assist and inform responsible, low-energy architectural solutions.
- GA Design NI can therefore help to reduce costs and add value to projects.
Our service comprises:
- Design Stage SAP Assessment based on information that you provide, and incorporating all reports needed for submission to Building Control.
- Consultancy can be provided at this design stage on cost-effective measures to improve energy efficiency.
- As-built SAP Assessment is calculated at Practical Completion, incorporating air-pressure results and any amendments since design stage.
- Energy Performance Certificate & Recommendation Report are produced from this assessment and are lodged with the government's registration system.
Fees for Energy Assessment and Consultancy:
- Fees are payable in two stages (Design Stage and at As-built Stage).
- Fees for energy assessment are highly competitive and are dependant on the size / type of the house.
- Volume discounts are available for housing developments.
- All lodgement fees are included in quotations.